ReportServerRsSrvPolicyConfig.ps1

Feb 28, 2013 at 7:11 AM
something is not right with this script, im investigating it. I think its adding an extra </CodeGroup> in the config which causes some advanced reporing in ax doesn't work. the basic reports work but the more advance reports doesn't.

if you compare the config with one its deployed with the ax 2012 setup you will see that there is something different with it.

Im not so good with powershell, but hope to find the problem :)
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Hi karabela,

I went through the files and I can't see anything wrong with it.
I have modified the config files and wrote the scripts based on the technet article
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh389762.aspx

If you can maybe provide me with a screenshot of the the problem. I can correct it.
Thanks
Feb 28, 2013 at 10:13 AM
ill send you two files. rssrvpolicy.config is the one which is modified by the ax 2012 installer

the second one is created with your script.

if you compare them you will understand what I mean.

youre script is working good. in ax I can run basic reports but the more advanced reports are crashing. when I copy the ax2012 modified rssrvpolicy and edit manually the environment of it and restarting reporting services for that instance, then the more advance reports are running too. so there is something wrong with it.

Karabela

To: [email removed]
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 02:10:28 -0800
Subject: Re: ReportServerRsSrvPolicyConfig.ps1 [dax2012ssrs:434807]

Hi karabela,

I have modified the config files and wrote the scripts based on the technet article

If you can maybe provide me with a screenshot of the the problem. I can correct it.
Thanks
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (dax2012ssrs@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email dax2012ssrs@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Feb 28, 2013 at 1:43 PM
I found an article which describes the problem

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/axsupport/archive/2012/01/26/microsoft-dynamics-ax-2012-reporting-extensions-error-system-security-permissions-securitypermission-while-running-report.aspx
those should be added and problem will be solved

Karabela

Subject: RE: ReportServerRsSrvPolicyConfig.ps1 [dax2012ssrs:434807]
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 12:13:19 +0100

Hi karabela,

Thanks
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (dax2012ssrs@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email dax2012ssrs@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Feb 28, 2013 at 1:47 PM
or you can compare the files which I sended to you earlier. im testing the solution described in the blog article, but it seems that one is not solving it at all.

Karabela

Subject: RE: ReportServerRsSrvPolicyConfig.ps1 [dax2012ssrs:434807]
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 15:43:41 +0100

Hi karabela,

Thanks
Mar 1, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Edited Mar 1, 2013 at 9:29 AM
youre scripts adds the </CodeGroup> on the wrong place.
if you check the config files what I sended to you earlier then you will see that when I use youre script it adds the </CodeGroup> to Line 64. this should be Line 1412

I compared the file which has been modified by the ax setup with you're ps modified file.
Coordinator
Mar 2, 2013 at 8:03 AM
I will have a look when I get a chance.